Thursday, April 5, 2012

Flux


via
via

Through our last series of sermons on the fruits of the spirit (Above Ground), one thing that has really stood out to me is how much we want to be able to shift blame. We want the responsibility to be in someone else's hands. "I got so emotional because of what they did" or "I never would have said that if she didn't make me so angry", etc. We want to believe that our feelings are results of others. Turns out, we're responsible. It's up to us. We have to give others the benefit of the doubt. We have to be aware and control what's going on inside of us. I know I'm definitely more volatile than my husband, especially during a special week of the month, and even last night, after Dash broke his second lamp, in that moment I literally wanted to keep him in his crate forever. I had already started planning how we can change out his towels or feed him through the slates. (J reminded me that he's just a dog, he doesn't know what he's doing - which is what I try to remind him of when Dash destroys hats and toilet paper). The point is, I can't blame Dash. Or a long work day, or circumstances not going my way. It's my responsibility. I so appreciate the lessons we learn and look forward to growing up with God's help :) So amazing.
Side note, I have a friend going through a hard time. It's hard to know how what the right thing to say or do is, or how to make sure I'm there for her. But I know I can pray for her.If you have a moment, please say a little one for her.

Proverbs15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up.

1 comment: