Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Middle

Eels

I'm a to-do list person I think. Sometimes I begin things to just enjoy them, and then at one point that thing becomes something I want to finish to cross of my list. At work sometimes I'll do small things before writing them on my list, just so I don't have to think about them. I strive for a moment where everything is cleaned, or replaced, or checked off, with all my shows watched and books/magazines read, cabinets full, etc.... but the reality is, that will never happen. And that's actually quite a beautiful thing. I'm not sure what drives the idea of completion, but being in the middle of something is actually nice. I love being influenced by what I'm reading, verses I'm memorizing, the current inside jokes, the projects that demand my time, etc. And I know as more people get added to my family, etc, it will get busier, but really, isn't that kinda nice? I might not always think so, but I'm grateful for constantly being in the middle of things.
via
 via

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."
— Matthew 6:34
 

No comments:

Post a Comment