via So sidenote, I think my boyfriend finished reading his first book since we've been together. The cool part of it was that it was a book I was reading at the same time! We coordinated our reading times, kinda. But I think I'm impacted a bit by whatever book(s) I'm currently reading, so it was fun that he was a part of that.
Feeling under the weather a bit, and it's got me craving a good reading spot. I like these chairs' potentials. And this was an exciting week: Sully turned 1 Me and my mister have been together 7 months And 2 months to my sister's wedding via, via
So today, I started reading The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin. I love how she starts it when she's happy, but recognizes that she could be happier. And that everyone's path would be different. She has monthly goals, kinda like resolutions, and I'm looking forward to applying them to my own life. January starts out as Vitality, or going to sleep earlier, excercising better, organizing, tackling tasks, and acting more energetic. Intriguing.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill . . . a wonderful thought for a brand new week, and hope yours is off to a perfect start!
So my birthday was on Sunday, and I'd like to knock some things off my realistic bucket list before the following year. Here it goes!
1. Bake a roughly perfect (apple) pie.
2. Complete a half marathon.
3. Learn to play the Pachelbel Cannon.
4. Sing karaoke (with the girls).
5. Take an interior design course.
6. Pursue two volunteering opportunities.
7. Write a short story I'm not ashamed to share.
8. Develop a filing system.
9. Plant a vegetable garden.
10. Go on a ghost tour.
11. Learn to cook with a crockpot.
12. Reread all the Harry Potters.
13. Teach Sully to roll over.
14. Make someone else's dream come true.
15. Try hot yoga.
16. Use my fondue kit.
17. Visit a major city.
18. Learn to paint (a picture or a room.. or both).
19. Find the globe that will live in my future house.
20. Learn the art of up-dos. (know how to do a messy and a neat one)
21. Take and turn pictures black and white for my future coffee table.
22. Make a chores list and (mostly) follow it.
23. Develop a strength workout routine.
24. Find a perfect red lipstick.
25. Get further committed to my ff!