Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tenderness



 via
Last night I got to visit with my sister, followed by the first viewing of our wedding video :) While I enjoyed both thoroughly, I realized I compare. We just had a sermon about Humility, which doesn't measure deserving-ness. The pastor's points were supported by stories of Moses, Gideon, etc., in which these guys thought they weren't good enough speakers, or kinda a wimp. I can't fully enjoy relationships or other things if I still compare who I am and who they are, or who I think I should be. I'd like to be able to stop, enjoy people for who they are, and let God help make me become who He dreamed I could be. When I stopped comparing the wedding hair I got, to the wedding hair I had imagined (and that all my pictures should have been of the other side of my face), and remembered I'm loved for who I am, I really relaxed and enjoyed. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment