Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wandering Heart


via
 via
Let's be honest, I distract the mess out of myself. I've started reading, I think 6 books, I try to watch tv and listen to music at the same time, sometimes I read a line or two of my Bible reading while I'm driving, I talk about all sorts of crazy things to J (in particular), I listen and appease my growling stomach, like every 2 hours, I rotate my shirts to another part of the closet, I'm re-wearing all my shoes to separate my heels in to full day and half day categories, I pick at my split ends, I could go on and on. This morning, I heard this song by Brandon Heath, and I realize it's not new, but it still hit me, sometimes, I just miss the point. 

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see

No comments:

Post a Comment