Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Weekend!

On KLove this week, they have a contest for getting your dad on a cruise ship. To qualify, you have to list 7 things that describe your dad. Every time it comes on, I try to think of how I would describe my dad. The words I've thought of are: Corny (so good at "Dad" jokes), Reliable (always answers when I need directions, AAA number when I lock my keys in my car, or make me smile when I'm frustrated), Knowledgeable (was/is always able to lecture or discuss intelligibly on a vast breadth of topics), Caring (listens when I'm upset, or excited), Geeky (it's great being able to call him about computers or cars, or listen as he enthuses about his game :) ), Changing (I'm so thankful my dad is a Godly example for me - showing what can happen when God is given control), and Romantic (might be weird to say, but I love seeing the things he does for my mom, like holding her hand, making the coffee, calling her pet names, and getting things that she needs. Great example, plus he shows us kids love in little ways too that mean so much).
via
This weekend I get to practice my golf swing:
via
Shop with my sister and mom for my sister's wedding dress:
via
Attend a wedding with my sweet mother (the couple will have very athletic babies):
via
Celebrate Father's Day (hopefully coffee and dessert)!:
via
Celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays!:

No comments:

Post a Comment