Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's all for You

 via

What am I truly interested in, what should I occupy my time with? I feel the need to get refocused. I can so easily get distracted with accumulating and watching. I want to appreciate the things I'm steward of, take care of my body, and love in serving ways. Ultimately, I want God to be glorified through my days. 

I really enjoyed my daily devotion today, and wanted to share:
So when we pray, "Give us this day our daily bread," we are, in effect, acknowledging that everything we have comes from God.

This is what we need to remember: God can take care of our needs. Do you believe that God can take care of you, even when the odds are against it? Maybe you work very hard. Maybe you save your money and invest wisely and have done well for yourself. And you say, "Well, I know it has come from God, but I played a part in it." No, it all came from God. The ability to think clearly came from God. The beat of your heart came from God. The blood coursing through your veins came from God. Everything you have is from the Lord, including the clothes you are wearing, the car you drive, the home you live in, and the spiritual gifts and talents you have. They are all from the Lord.

So when we pray, "Give us this day our daily bread," we are acknowledging that everything we have has come from God. And we are also saying that everything we need in the future still will come from God.

If it matters to you, it matters to God. If it troubles you, it is a concern to God. So bring it to Him. He is interested in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment