Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January Books

via

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” ― C.S. Lewis

via
A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (very good)
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling
Pretty Little Secrets by Sara Shepard
Damned by Chuck Palahniuk (not his best)
The Sherlockian by Graham Moore (slower than I expected)
Watership Down by Richard Adams
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (don't recommend)
The Poisonwood Bible  by Barbara Kingsolver
Letter from a Skeptic by Dr. Gregory Boyd and Edward Boyd (enjoyed)
Vaclav & Lena by Haley Tanner
Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur by Keith Baines
Perfume: Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind (read before we watch the movie - different)

14 books this month. I'm actually working on reading a little less soon, to allow/encourage other hobbies, like crafty things. Goodbye January!

5 comments:

  1. We received the Poisonwood Bible as a gift and I really struggled to get through it. I need quicker books I guess. Did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as much as a girl who reviewed it. At parts the different view points were interesting, but as a whole, it was never as deep as I thought it might get. I'll have to think of some "non-scary" quick books!

      Delete
  2. i saw the movie perfume: the story of murder a couple of years ago and liked it. is the book better (i know stupid question, it always is)? i mean, worth the read? i am inspired by how many books you read. it makes me wanna read a lot more. do you have a kendle? if so, are any of your books lendable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we haven't managed to watch Perfume yet, but my brother loved it! The book moved at a quicker pace, slowed down by descriptions of perfume extracting processes. It's 3rd person, so it's not creepy as it could be either. Overall, it's good, light-ish read? Not necessarily worth it, but not bad!
      and thanks! it's kinda a quirk of mine. I've used my dad's kindle, but don't have one of my own yet! I'm a big user of library books. But if anything changes I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. the girl in the window looks a little like Kirksey! :)

    ReplyDelete