Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Enjoy life

via 
via

 via
Last night I tried making my first cream sauce to go with pasta. I added bacon, spinach and corn, lots of pepper and Parmesan and it was.. okay. I think angel hair wasn't the best choice, but it was all we had :) It was still fun to try! Today Dash went in for his big day - getting fixed. I felt so bad from him when we had to separate him and Sully during for meal time this morning and late last night. I'm praying he won't be too confused or in pain, and that he likes J and me afterwards :) 
We had a sermon on Sunday about goodness. It's more than what's right or wrong (that's morality). It's more than following rules. It's caring for the people near and around you (1 John 4:19-20). After hearing that and watching the KONY video the other day as well, I've been trying think about how I treat and show acts of love to my husband, friends, family, coworkers, and others I come in contact with. There is a lot I want to work on, including initiating time with girlfriends (and sisters) [so not good at this - more the type that is nearly always willing, but doesn't ask], keeping close to God (through focus, time, and continuing to learn verses), and follow that small voice to be in situations He can use. I know life, jobs, etc. aren't always easy, and they aren't necessarily meant to be, but I do want to be in a place of growth. Okay, end ramble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment