Thursday, August 9, 2012

Joy


via
"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly,
 but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."
  Maya Angelou
via

Last night, J and I had a date night. We went out to dinner, started a movie, he let me fashion-show my way through the rest of my manager's maternity clothes, and we talked. One of the hot topics stemmed from my thoughts on my baby blog yesterday. The truth is - no, I don't love my job, and I probably never did. I'm extremely grateful that it fell in my lap. The things required of me have stretched me. I deal with interesting personalities (sandpaper people), and that's taught me and is continuing to teach me. But it's not something that adds to my happiness. One of my best friends works downstairs, but she's on maternity leave right now. (Yay for her :) ) My manager is an awesome lady, who I really enjoy, and although her office is across from mine, I don't actually do any work with her anymore. Basically, what's the solution? For now, I feel as though I should be here (I have no idea how I'll feel after January and I'm just praying right now, and hoping to listen), and until I decide otherwise, I want to be joyful here. I don't have to love it to do the work well. I don't need a job to make me happy when I have other sources of joy :) Ok. That's where I'm at!

No comments:

Post a Comment