Monday, December 17, 2012

Thankful

I really enjoyed my weekend, I got to see my sister in love and la la (brother in law in law) between their graduations (so happy and proud of you guys!!), got some Christmas shopping done (esp. a big project that J helped a lot with), got some more things done with the nursery, watched White Christmas, had a girl afternoon making ornaments, and coffee with an old friend. I'm so thankful for the restful and productiveness of it all.
This morning J and I were laying in bed (after his night shift) talking about CT. Thinking about not having your child come home, or your child witnessing all that, or the almost fiance who lost his girlfriend, or the husband that lost his almost retired wife, is unreal. It's hard, so hard, and all we can do is pray for His grace to cover all of the family and friends impacted. On KLove this morning, they read a quote by Mister Rogers: 
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world."
I thought it was good to remember. While it is sad, there's hope with all the love and kind hearts out there. 

8 days til Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment