Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I want to be a writer

via

How to Write Good.

  1. Avoid Alliteration. Always.
  2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
  3. Avoid cliches like the plague. (They’re old hat.)
  4. Employ the vernacular.
  5. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
  6. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
  7. It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
  8. Contractions aren’t necessary.
  9. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
  10. One should never generalize.
  11. Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.”
By: Frank L. Visco

 via

But seriously, that could be kinda cool. Maybe thinking restarting the 2 pages I wrote last year for "Novel November." I mean, in November. Rolling it around in the back of my head.

1 comment: