Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lessons from Bible Study Chapter

So this morning I read our chapter in our Bible Study book, Calm My Anxious Heart, by Linda Dillow, in preparation for our meeting tonight. And well, it just about completely answered my "issue" yesterday. I was focusiong on the problem, and not on the Problem Solver. Like the Israelites in the desert, focused on not having water and longing to go back to Egypt, I focused on what I didn't have, and wanted my weekend back. While wanting spending time with my husband is not a bad thing, I only have a fragment of the whole. I want to be able to say "I am content with what I know. I am not perturbed by what I don't know." God wants us to trust Him, no matter what our situation is, no matter what our portion. My issue wasn't that big of a deal, something little - but it had disrupted my life. "Often it's the little things that cause us grumble and be discontent. Peace comes through acceptance".
   
Lastly, an abbreviated quote from Andrew Murray: "Therefore, say, 'I am here, by God's appointment, in his keeping, under his training, for his time.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment