Monday, October 15, 2012

Fresh Start Monday

via
 via

This is a learning time for me. In the car on Saturday, I was reading in Real Simple about qualities that people like and respect in leaders (inspired by the upcoming election). I couldn't help but try to think of what of those qualities J had. I love having him lead our marriage and I'm excited that in a few short months, he'll be my labor coach. I also couldn't help but think of our future son, how he will be the head of a household someday. How can we inspire those good qualities? I'm so excited but nervous to think about it. One of the devotionals I read this weekend talked about fruit. But really, it was about not watching fruit. While we can often see where our heart is with what fruit is produced, it shouldn't be what we watch, what we try to increase, or what we measure others by. It's of the Father's concern what fruit we produce. It's our job to watch (keep our eyes on) the branch and let the Gardner prune when he needs. We had a great sermon on Sunday, reminding us of how detailed our God is. Our pastor also challenged us to remember that our lives are not split between spiritual decisions and secular decisions, it's all spiritual. 
I want to have an open heart to allow for the renewal of my mind, and for all that I learn to sink in. It's so neat how we all learn different things, at different times, in different ways. 

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
-Colossians 3:17 esv 

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is.
-Romans 12:2 esv 

No comments:

Post a Comment