Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloweekend

via
via
via  
I'm so heavily looking forward to a weekend! I feel like I need time to just stop having to think. When I don't feel well or I'm tired or thinking, sometimes I just look really serious. I can tell it's one of those days. I felt bad when a girl at work felt the need to explain her joke because she thought she offended me. Sometimes smiling is hard, you know? (okay normally it's not really for me). 
I was encouraged by this post asking for honesty. One of my "people" moved 2 hours away, and I don't see her as much. Another one is on maternity leave and stays really busy traveling (she's a superwoman though, man). J is amazing and knows a crazy amount of thoughts that go through my head. We have a wonderful Father who wants us to share our innermost thoughts and feelings with him. But outside of that, I'm guarded at least a little, even if I don't want to be. 
On any given day, now a days, I can feel
*huge
*small
*exhausted
*energized
*anxious
*relaxed
*pretty
*disgusting
*weepy
*carefree
and I expect it to continue for the next 3 months. God is carrying us through every life stage. From childhood through adulthood and beyond.
Unrelated, this weekend we get to go to football game, take it easy, be productive, and carve pumpkins. Yay!

"Don’t stop enjoying the beauty of life and sharing it with others.  There is much to be grateful for and your highlights might just be the inspiration someone needs to find joy this day.
But also remember that under the happy faces and styled spaces lives a messy person. Someone who is flawed and struggles and tries her best to cover it all up with appearances. Rather than fall into that trap, let’s start being honest with each other.
The general public doesn’t need to know your innermost struggles. But your people do. You know, the ones you trust. The ones you can talk to and be open with.
Let’s not walk around pretending to be pretty and making assumptions about other people’s pretty lives.
Instead, let’s give grace and accept one another – however messy we are."
“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” Ephesians 4:2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment